Top scores in product tests reflect the fact that Nokian Footwear produces the most durable and hard-wearing rubber boots on the market. On average, their life span is twice that of other European brands and even 20 times that of low-priced boots.
Rubber boots, just like any other boots, will serve you longer if taken care of appropriately. Here are a few tips on how to care for your boots:
• Wash the boots every now and then with lukewarm soapy water and a sponge – once the boots get too grimy the rubber becomes hard to clean
• Avoid using a hard brush or solvent-based detergents
• Dry the boots at room temperature
• Store the boots upright in a cool place, away from direct sunlight
• It’s worth conditioning the rubber surface of the boots with Nokian Footwear’s rubber conditioner if the boots lose their shine or the surface feels dry. The rubber conditioner keeps the rubber surface shiny and dirt-repellent. It also helps keep light-coloured rubber surfaces clean.
Nokian Footwear’s Rubber Conditioner restores the original shine of the rubber and preserves its elasticity. It also prevents the surface of the rubber from being discoloured and helps keep the boots clean. Use: First, clean any dust or dirt off the boots. To open the valve inside the sponge, push it against the boot. Gently squeeze some silicone into the sponge and spread on the surface of the boot.